Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ice Cream Ireland



Now, this is nice. From Kieran Murphy of Murphys Ice Cream in Dingle, Co.Kerry.
Someone who loves what they do. And a passion for food- lovely recipes for delicious desserts in his blog- and Mojitos, the loveliest summer drink.

I'm harking back to my theory that eating healthily is easier for people who know and love food.('What if....?' Aug 05)
Nations that are still connected to food production and preparation and taking pleasure in eating appear to me to be the ones that have fewer problems with obesity and the other nutritional ills.
The 'disconnect' in the UK, USA and here between where food comes from and how to prepare it is shocking.
I see people every day who never prepare a meal from scratch, ever.

And yet on the other hand, the humourless, anti-pleasure 'diet nazis' thrive...ho hum. (I just love Howard's rant on Gillian McKeith)
Come the revolution, there'll be changes! And ice-cream for everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kieran said...

Thanks for that mention (and your previous comment on my blog!)

You blog makes a welcome addition to my reading list. Keep it up!

1:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home