Thursday, June 01, 2006

Crochet...yes, that's right, crochet.


Nothing to do with nutrition or food, but crochet is my latest vice. There, I've said it.

When clearing out an old filing cabinet in my (still awaiting refurb) office, mixed in with the carbon copies of journal articles from the 1970's left by my predecessor, I bizarrely found a crochet pattern for a baby blanket. It brought me back to my crochet passion phase of 1979 when my entire family got birthday and Christmas presents fashioned by my own fair hands in mushroom and beige coloured wool- including a particularly fine tie for my businessman father. Imagine their pleasure!

Well, my friends and family are again awaiting gift-giving occasions with trepidation, because I'm finding it very, very relaxing to dc, dtr, ch and rep. Fortunately, most of my friends are now in a baby-booming 'phase' themselves, and crocheted baby blankets, hats and booties are less 'let's hope it's a passing crochet phase' than the neck-ties, glasses-cases and fruit bowls (!) of the past.

If I've ignited the same passion in you, you might like to read more about the origins of crochet here.
Or not....normal service should resume shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home